I want to stop smoking
Here are some reasons to help you on your way!
“I have experienced many benefits of quitting already and these include having a bit more money, and my chest feel beeter with less wheezing. I was able to run for a bus recently which I would not have been able to do in the past.”
Michelle, Morden – Livewell User
LiveWell Merton Stop Smoking Service offers:
- FREE local advice and support either in a group or on a one-to-one basis
- A confidential and friendly service
- Stop smoking medication on prescription
How do I stop smoking?
Evidence shows that you are four times more likely to succeed if you get the right support.
The support you need is available free of charge through the NHS and it’s right on your doorstep. All over the country people like you want to stop smoking. We offer a range of locally based services in Sutton and Merton to help.
The service offers practical help from people who understand what you’re going through. You can take part in a six week stop smoking programme either on a one-to-one basis or as part of a group.
In the six week programme we will:
- Help you get ready to stopSet a quit date with you
- Advise and assist you on using the right medication (products such as nicotine replacement therapy)
- Measure your carbon monoxide readings using a simple breath test. See the levels drop as you stop smoking!
- Keep in touch with you by phone three months and six months after you quit
- Who can help me stop?
- One-to-one support
Some people prefer the flexibility and privacy of one-to-one support. Sutton and Merton Stop Smoking Service has over 130 trained advisers across the two boroughs.
Drop in services
We regularly run convenient, no appointment, drop-in services within the borough.
Drop-in Clinics in Merton
Cricket Green Medical Practice 75-79 Miles Road, Mitcham CR4 3DA Tuesdays 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Francis Grove Surgery 8 Francis Grove, Wimbledon SW19 4DL Wednesdays 4:00pm – 7:15pm (After 6:30pm please ring bell and ask for Annie)
St Helier Hospital, Ferguson House, Springall Annexe Wrythe Lane, Carshalton SM5 1AA Fridays 1:30pm – 3:30pm
If you decide to make the first step to go smokefree, then we’ll help you the rest of the way. Contact us on 0208 251 0606 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for help.